Today, men or women, young or old almost everyone suffer from the hair loss and no one wants to lose their crowning glory. We look for the treatments that work without side effects. So we keep on applying different hair restoring products available in the market. But there is nothing more attractive than a thick & full head of hair that glimmers with natural hair. Here are the 8 most effective ways to prevent hair loss naturally.
- Change Your Diet: It is believed that beauty comes from within the body. To maintain the internal and external beauty, it is important to switch to a healthy diet. Since our hair is made up of protein (keratin), it is important to consume a protein rich diet. Apart from protein, another important food that helps to facilitate the hair growth is omega-3 fatty acids. At the end, eating whole foods such as organic eggs, lentils, spinach and red meat, pumpkin seeds, plenty of fruits & vegetables etc will help to make your hair stronger and helps to prevent them from falling.
|Vitamin C rich food & fruits||Oranges||Lemon||Broccoli||Tomatoes etc.|
|Other food items||Spinach||Milk||Beans||Eggs||Salmon/Chicken etc.|
Also read: Reduce body hair growth with Stop Grow >>
- Supplements: Busy or hectic lifestyle leads to skipping meal sometimes which can cause lack of nutrients in the body and also results in hair fall. In that case, there are various supplements for hair fall which helps to reduce hair fall. There are several vitamins for hair growth, other supplements like biotin, minerals that will make your hair stronger, shiny and healthy.
- Hot Oil Massage: Oil your hair. The oldest and effective way to prevent hair loss. It is one of the best and easy to follow natural remedy to prevent hair fall. Just choose your favorite hair oil and you can even mix almond oil or other essential oil in it to promote hair growth. Heat the oil for few seconds and gently massage it on the scalp. You can wrap your head with wet towel too.
- Drink Certain Teas & Infusions: It is important to detox your body because presence of toxins in the body also hampers the hair growth. There are certain natural ingredients that reduce the hair fall and will help to remove toxins from the body. Drinking green tea and saw palmetto infusion etc that stops the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which is a major cause of hair fall. Drinking this tea & infusion might not give you a morning boot but it will help to wake your hair follicles up!
- Maintain Healthy Scalp: As we keep our body healthy and clean, it is also important to keep our scalp healthy. With improper cleanliness or bad hygienic habits, you can face several scalp problems. So to avoid this, wash your hair regularly. Comb or brush your hair properly to avoid hair breakage.
- Go Slow On Chemicals: Excess of everything is bad. Similarly excessive use of chemicals can also damage your hair and make them more prone to hair breakage or hair fall. Chemicals denature the proteins present in the hair which results in the hair fall. So avoid the use of harsh chemicals on the hair to avoid hair fall.
- Limit Hair Styling Tools: With the regular use of hair styling tools like dryer, straighteners, rollers etc makes hair brittle, dry and ultimately leads to hair fall. Avoid using hair styling products like hair spray, wax and bleaching agents. Use natural ingredients or remedies to make your hair stronger, shiny and straight.
- Natural Masks: As healing comes from nature. Try to use herbal or natural remedies to prevent hair fall and to treat the damaged hair. There are several ingredients that you can find easily in your kitchen and can work as miracle to treat your damaged, frizzy hair by making them strong and healthy.
- Egg yolk, Honey and Coconut Oil: This combination will surely make your hair strong by preventing hair fall but will make your hair soft, shiny and bouncy.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Leave for 30 minutes, take once a week.
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla): Amla helps to strengthen the hair follicles and also stimulates the hair growth. Amla is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, which is good for healthy hair.
- 2 tbsp amla juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Leave for 2 hours, apply twice a week.
- Hibiscus Flower: Hibiscus flowers are the tested formula for a healthier and shinier hair. Hibiscus not only promotes the hair growth and stops hair fall but is very useful to cure split ends and dandruff.
- 2-3 hibiscus flowers
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Leave overnight, apply once a week.
- Aloe Vera: It helps in reducing the scalp problems like, flaking and itching. Aloe vera is mildly alkaline in nature; thus it helps restore the pH level of the scalp, which promotes the hair growth.
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
Leave for 45 minutes, apply once-twice a week.
- Coconut Oil & Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are considered to be an effective ingredient for increasing hair growth and reducing hair loss. The combination of curry leaves and coconut oil is counted amongst the best for reducing hair fall.
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Coconut oil
Leave overnight, apply twice a week.
Also read: Hair treatment - Profollica >>